Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier took the podium today to address the media. Here are some quick hits about the press conference:
- Injuries: CB Xavier Rhodes and WR Chris Summers both have hamstring issues and will potentially be held out of practice in the near future though not serious to miss considerable time.
- Erin Henderson at Mike has been doing well and has flashed in scrimmages. Taking more of a leadership role.
- Coach Frazier stressed importance about execution. Felt like there were a lot of moments that were not capitalized on.
- Michael Mauti’s ACL recovery has gone smoothly so far and he can do a lot more than he could in OTA and rookie mini-camp.
- Leslie was asked about players setting goals for themselves as motivation and cited the 2,500 yards mark NFL MVP Adrian Peterson has set for himself. Leslie remarked that he has learned not to doubt Adrian after his remarkable performance last year. Stating: “I don’t doubt Adrian Peterson.”
- Focal point for practice today will be 2 minute drills. Frazier talked about the importance of the final possession of the game and stressed that this drill is very important for that reason since some games can come down to the wire.
- Frazier also talked about the Saturday stadium practice and what fans can expect. Adrian Peterson’s reps will be limited and the first team offense will get some time. But only for a few series. But Frazier highlighted that it is a good opportunity for younger guys to showcase themselves in front of fans.